Thanks to severals ancients marks of the past, the richness of the Devoluy and its closest neighbours like Gap city, the Buech, the Champsaur, the Valgaudemar and the Trieves, you will discover other aspects and attractions that the mountain has to offer you.
A rich and diversified catalog, a variety of visits, exhibitions, shows, concerts and live animations will be a good addition to complete your mountain activities throughout your stay in the Devoluy.
Go discovering the hamlets and the Devoluard villages and the numerous testimonies of the past years:
- Churches, the famous one of the Hautes- Alpes is “Mere Eglise”, in the village of St Disdier
- Bread ovens
- Ruins of “chateau de Malmort”
- Pellafol Canal
- Napoleon refuges ( at Col du Festre and col du Noyer)
Be stunned by the curiosity of the Nature like the resurgence des gillardes, the numerous “chourums” (natural caves and holes in the ground).
And be adventurous and get away a bit futher of the Devoluy Massif to expand your discoveries:
- Gap city and its markets
- The Buech
- The Champsaur
- The Valgaudemard
- The Trieves ( Sautet Lake for swimming and fishing )
Embellish your stay with :
- Exhibitions (house of the Botanical Dominique Villars, centre of Terre Vivante, Notre Dame de la Salette)
- Animations related to “Terroir” and other subjects
- Library and numerical space, only 2 min walk from the Gite
- Geocaching (in the cemetery of Mere Eglise, and Col du Festre courses)